- Responsible for the supervision of subordinate cooks within facility of responsibility.
- Ensure a consistent level of quality, portion, and plate presentation is adhered to as specified by menu standards.
- Open or secure kitchen depending on scheduled shift.
- Rotate and organize all line items for menus.
- Prep and stock line to ensure that an ample supply of products are on hand for menu preparations and is sufficient to last through meal periods. Always have backups on hand.
- Clean station between meal periods, rushes and right before completion of shift (i.e. equipment, refrigerators, counters).
- Inform Sous Chef of any products running low or out of stock and report any problems (i.e., poor quality of product, problems with other staff members, equipment) to the Executive Sous Chef.
- Work with wait staff to ensure customer receives total satisfaction.
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with company policy by closely monitoring the safe use of equipment and work habits in and around the work area.
- Responsible for staying abreast of current company policies as they relate to safety.
- Develop, implement and maintain Everyday Focus activities to ensure continuous improvements and cost efficiencies in position and department.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent and job related courses preferred.
- 1-3 years related experience.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
Internal Applicants: Complete a Job Posting Response Form detailing how you meet the position requirements.
External Applicants: Complete UniSea Application form detailing how you meet the position requirements.
ALL Applicants: Submit required materials to the Dutch Harbor Main Office or to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday, January 17, 2020.
UniSea is an Equal Opportunity Employer