Responsible for the food and beverage service of customers in the restaurant. Must perform cash handling in connection with a variety of payment methods.
- Take food and beverage orders from customers and present orders to kitchen/lounge staff and serve. This will include service of alcohol. Strict compliance with all regulations and policies regarding alcohol service is mandatory.
- Clear and set tables according to instruction.
- Maintain cleanliness of dining room during operating hours.
- Complete all assigned side work.
- Ensure all food and beverage orders are recorded correctly and all control measures are observed. This includes ability to use electronic point of sale/register system.
- Will deliver all food and beverages within a specified time with attention to completeness and detail.
- Responsible for keeping rooms and hallways clean of dirty dishes. To maintain scheduled floor walks and room checks to help in this matter.
- Display sound judgment as to when to stop alcohol service. (Must be able to successfully complete the alcohol server education course and the food handlers course)
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years experience in food and beverage serving experience, including cash handling. Experience in fine dining service required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and successfully complete both an alcohol server education course(available from UniSea) and a food handlers course recognized by the State of Alaska (available online)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- At this time boosters are “recommended” but not required
Send your resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
UniSea is an Equal Opportunity Employer