BASIC FUNCTION: Manage all elements of production of Fish Meal, Bone Meal, Fish Oil, and other by-products at UniSea’s Meal Plant to achieve continuous operations and maximum profitability. Maintain efficient operations of Main Sump operation in compliance with all State and Federal requirements. To Apply: Please complete a UniSea Application form and submit resume and cover letter detailing how you meet the position requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org UniSea is an Equal Opportunity Enmployer
- High school diploma plus 2 years of position relevant college or a vocational degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in production operations, preferably specific to fish meal.
- Demonstrated successful track record in trouble-shooting equipment maintenance issues.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated track record in communicating effectively both orally and in writing required.
Organize production staff and manage activities of the Meal Plant processing operation and maintain operational performance of equipment in the Meal Plant and Main Sump. Coordinate production based on G1 and G2 operations.
- Work with engineering department in proposing and making design changes in processing facilities and equipment to maximize plant efficiency. Submit work orders to maintain proper repair of processing facility on repair or installation work that the Meal Plant does not perform.
- Counsel and train employees according to UniSea policies and procedures. Coach and motivate employees to achieve maximum performance and maintain high morale. Evaluate employee performance and take necessary steps to assist employees in improving performance. Administer discipline to employees as appropriate, including terminations.
- Recommend capital equipment needs, methods of improvement, and tools and materials to maintain and improve competitive production efficiency.
- Maintain knowledge about internal and external influences affecting the future of the industry and Company.
- Review and assure the accuracy of scale reports, production reports, shipping tallies, inventories and quality control reports.
- Develop, implement and maintain Everyday Focus activities to ensure continuous improvements and cost efficiencies in position and department. Facilitate EDF meetings and participate in cross functional company meetings.
- Coordinate with machinery manufacturers in updating current technology as appropriate.
- Assist safety personnel and promote good safety and hygiene procedures throughout the plant.
- Maintain open communication with the Quality Assurance department to assure products specification, micro and labeling requirements are maintained.
- Other duties as directed.