- Perform repetitious assigned jobs on the production line. May work at a variety of positions of workstations throughout a contract period.
- Cooperate with Production Leads and coworkers to ensure efficient and safe production.
- Cooperate in the training of new employees in various positions, including specific job duties, proper work habits, sanitation, and safety standards, by setting a good example.
- Ensure supplies are adequate and readily available.
- Cooperate with Production Leads in personnel line rotation to minimize inefficiency.
- Maintain communication with other production personnel to coordinate activities.
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with company policy by closely monitoring the safe use of equipment and work habits in and around the work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of experience working in manual labor jobs.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours a day, 6 days a week in a cold and wet environment.
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with diverse cultures in a team environment.
- Must be able to speak and understand basic English for safety reasons.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen at time of hire.
- Must be able to pass a post offer medical questionnaire, prior to traveling to Dutch Harbor.
This is an hourly non-exempt position with a starting pay rate of $17.15 per hour and $25.73 per hour overtime.
Headquartered in Redmond, Washington and celebrating our 50th year in 2024, UniSea continues to be one of the world’s most successful processing facilities for fresh Alaskan seafood. Not only do we deliver consistent, high-quality products and services, we believe in providing the best experience in the industry for both our customers and employees. UniSea is “people first” company. That’s why you’ll love working for us!
UniSea offers a rich benefits package including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance available after eligibility period is satisfied.
- 401(k) plan and additional 3% employer contribution – after eligibility period is satisfied.
- Employer paid life insurance upon eligibility.
In addition to the above, UniSea offers:
- Company provided housing and meals at our facility. A $15 per day room and board fee is charged on days working more than 8 hours a day. No charge for days off or days working less than 8 hours. Fee covers – cafeteria style meals (all you can eat), housing, and laundry service.
- Free airfare from your home to Dutch Harbor and back at the end of successful season completion.
Attend an in-person hiring event near you! See our upcoming events here: https://www.unisea.com/join-our-team/recruiting-schedule/
Complete our online application here: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6013672.careers?ApplyToJob=251929989
UniSea is an Equal Opportunity Employer.