The Quality Assurance Director is responsible for overseeing Quality Assurance programs for both Dutch Harbor, Alaska and Redmond, WA production facilities and ensuring compliance with all Federal and State agencies and required customer audits.
- Develop procedures, standards and guidelines for the QA department and their members to follow.
- Put together short and long term plans for QA department in order to establish consistent practices for the group.
- Work with outside vendors to develop the knowledge within the company and managing the time and money spent on these outside consultants.
- Develop and monitor Departmental Budgets for the Quality Assurance area.
- Evaluate, mentor, and supervise departmental managers and supervisors.
- Represent the Company in regular and frequent contacts with representatives of the regulatory agencies such as EPA, FDA and ADEC and industries technical groups such as USDC and obtain and maintain permits from these agencies.
- Make recommendations to improve production efficiency and minimize product losses and labor costs.
- Travel to customer sites to work with them to get an understanding of their requirement for quality as it relates to their products.
- Position may require travel to Alaska on short notice for one to several weeks at a time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with course emphasis in Food Science, Microbiology, or other related disciplines.
- Minimum of 6 to 9 years’ experience in seafood or other fisheries food quality assurance programs.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
This is a salaried exempt position with a wage range of: $139,050 – $181,877 DOE. Relocation assistance to the Seattle area is available for this position.
UniSea offers a rich benefits package including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance available after eligibility period is satisfied.
- FSA/Dependent Care accounts available after eligibility period is satisfied.
- 401(k) plan and addition 3% employer contribution after eligibility period is satisfied.
- Employer paid life insurance.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Hybrid work environment (2 days remote, 3 days in office)
- Relocation assistance to the Seattle area.
UniSea is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please send a copy of your resume to Keely Jorgensen at Keely.Jorgensen@unisea.com.